What is a W3 Form?
The W3 Form is called Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements. W3 form basically summarize the W2 forms for SSA (Social Security Administration) which is filled by the employer with the following information,
- Employer Personal Information,
• EIN (Employer Identification Number)
• Contact Information
- Total Wage, tips, other compensation
- Total Federal tax withheld
- Total taxable Social security wages and Total Social security tax withheld
- Total taxable Medicare wages and tips and Total Medicare tax withheld
- Total State wages, tips, etc. and total State income tax
Related: W4 Form, W5 Form.