Evidence Of Insurability
What is Evidence of Insurability (EOI)?
Evidence of insurability is health documentation that shows health insurance providers if the person is having good health. Unlike other insurance providers, who check overall health before providing the insurance, EOI checks on a more specific area of health, going into the very details of the health profiling of a to be customer, when it comes to some extra covers required by the clientele or any dependent member is to be added in such a coverage
When it is said that evidence of insurability EOI is requisite, it means either more detailed documentation or a deep investigative process of health inquiries consisting of several other diagnostic tests than the routine insurances, or both.
The alternate name of Evidence of Insurability is Statement of Health. You provide additional information related to your health and the health of your dependents applying for additional insurance benefits through EOI. Those benefits are related to health, disability insurance, and life term.
What is the evidence of insurability form?
Evidence of insurability form is issued by the Health Insurance and may require the following information,
- Your personal information in terms of age, gender, date of birth, weight, height
- Professional details of the job with a date of joining
- PIN No. Personal Identification Number, if so
- Your existing insurance provider’s details and types of insurance
- The coverage you are applying for at the stage
- Your medical conditions at the stage
- If you smoke then how often do you do so
- If you got treated for blood pressure or Cancer
- When did you admit to the hospital last time – last 90 days’ medical history
- Overall medical history of yourself or your dependent or spouse, as the case may be
- Filling of a medical questionnaire
- Medical examination along with a blood sample drawn
- The reason for which EOI is required and applied for
- Amount of coverage you are requiring
- Type of insurance you are applying
- Current medications intake, if any
- Any enduring or chronic treatments you are under in, and for how long, both past and future
- Your contact details: addresses, phones, facsimile, emails, etc.
- The contact details of the doctors and clinics you visited and utilized their services
- Requesting additional information as per the requirements of the insurer
What sort of Insurance is required by Evidence of Insurability?
The following are the conditions whereby the Evidence of Insurability may be required:
- Additional health cover requisite which exceeds the routine normal amount of Insurances as a standard
- Surplus members requisite in policies like an additional family member as dependent or others when that person was previously not under insurance cover of that policy
- Restoration of the cover after it is a lapse
- Applying again for coverage that was previously declined or denied
- The application passed the deadline dates
Why Evidence of Insurability is necessary (EOI)?
The reason why the Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is there in practice is: insurance is said to be in organizational run-through as a risk that can be calculated and EOI is considered as the better care as a caregiver for the customers. But, at the same time, the underwriters dealing in insurance policies need to take into their very due considerations the adequate risk factors are either worth taking or otherwise, as far as EOI is concerned.
Additional information about Evidence of Insurability
- The Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is the documentation or application process by insurance companies for their customers to avail themselves the additional facilities
- In other words, EOI application is the info provision of health conditions of yourself and those dependent upon you and get more facilities in return under a certain type of insurance coverage, such as disability and life term
- Moreover, there are Short term and long term insurance concerning disability provision through Texas Income Protection Plan (TIPP) – under Reed Group administration and management of Guardian Life Insurance
- What is more, is the Optional and Dependent Term Life Insurance: This is offered by Minnesota Life Insurance Company – under the management of (Securian) - Securian Financial Group Inc.
- Importantly, for the people of the States as well the Governments, there is The Texas Employees Group Benefits Program (GBP) which is monitored by the ERS (Employees Retirement System of Texas) for anti-fraud administration, if any information is missed on part of the participants is made
How to submit Evidence of Insurability?
There are two methods by which Evidence of Insurability (EOI) can be submitted: one is online and another is through mail or facsimile, by your benefits coordinator.
Following is the online method:
- You need to login to ERS (Employees Retirement System of Texas) website and make an account then “Access My Account” link at the top of the page
- Then on the “Member Home Page”, fill in your dependent information in the fields given – you may add several dependents here as well
Evidence of Insurability can be availed through your benefits coordinator through having an application received concerning “Benefits Election Form”, fill that form in respect of all the details required therein including your email address for the EOI underwriter who in return provides you on your email your link for login online EOI, your benefits coordinator then will submit it and tick the appropriate option of either the correspondence will be received by you through mail or email, as per your option given therein.
What are the pertinent dates to know about evidence of insurability applications?
- During summer enrollment and got an EOI approval before September 1, it would start with effect from the 1st September
- Amid fall enrollment and receiving EOI approval before January 1, the facility starts from 1st January
- Within 31 days of QLE – Qualifying Life Event – and getting approval of EOI, the coverage starts on the first day of the month after the approval date