Virtual workplaces or remote working have bypassed the geographical boundaries at the global level. It has come up with some pivotal attributes like:
- Virtual offices are made
- Virtual teams have been tailored
- Virtual meetings are taking place
- Employees work from home
- Video conferencing and file-sharing have been at edge ever than before
- The virtual environment has been developed throughout
- Flexible work hours have been on the surface creating ease to work as per feasibility
- Virtual workplace has diminished the necessity of being located in any one physical space
- Office space has been never in need now as everyone operating from restrooms
- Work environment is virtual
- Everyone is allowed to work virtually at flexible places where ever they want
- No face to face meetings
- Company cultures have been different than ever before
- Lessening of nose pocking into others’ matters which is accessible otherwise physically
- No need for official attire
Which jobs require physical availability as mandatory?
There are some jobs that are vitally requiring physical availability is mandatory. They are, for example, an artist needs to be in studio or at least before cameras on site for recording, or on stage, an aeronautic engineer on a hanger for planes’ repair, mechanic on site for vehicle maintenance, tour guide on-site, swimming guide on the pool, cricket coach in ground, boxers/wrestlers need to be inside the ring, and etc.
What are Employer Benefits of Virtual Workplace?
Moreover, the virtual workplace has been progressive and liked by employees throughout the globe, as people at least are in homes near their loved ones while working even. Too, for the employers, it saves physical estate costs including utilities, transportation costs saving fuel, and much more.
What is the disadvantage of a virtual workplace?
But with it, there remain a few disadvantages as well. Of those the key, for example, is the employees feel isolated and less socialized.
So, what should be done to make the virtual workplace a better place?
During and after any global pandemic like COVID-19, for virtual workplace making a better workplace, the following should be done:
- Tacking assignments for on-time workflow management
- Social platform, where employees can engage with each other
- Virtual Personal Assistants (VPAs) to assist people
- Cloud management to have a common workplace station together
- Virtual meetings regularly
- Virtual training programs conduction
- Any other as per your business needs
Amazing Research about Virtual Workplace
- Research studies show that employees working remotely are less stressed and more productive!
- Another study showed: Millennials, the largest generation so far in the workforce, are more prone to accept technology and are at ease to maintain work-life balance due to flexible time hours
- Telework research network estimated average saving of estate costs, due to virtual workplace curtailing costs to the employers, up to $ 10,000 per year!